Note: Please make sure that you backup your files to a computer before you update your tablet's firmware. All content will be deleted. You can re-download your purchased and/or free apps from the Amazon Appstore once the firmware update is completed.
1. Remove the micro SD card from the tablet.
2. Connect the tablet to your computer with the supplied USB cord.
3. The tablet's "USB Connected" screen will appear. Select "Turn on USB storage", then select "OK"
(If you do not see the Turn on USB storage message on the tablet screen, then make sure you tablet is turned on, and / or unplug and reconnect the tablet to your computer).
4. Find the firmware file you downloaded from our support site. "Click and drag" or "Copy and paste" the Firmware file onto your tablet. Be sure not to place this file in any folders.
5. Now select "Turn off USB Storage" on the tablet's screen, then unplug the tablet from the computer.
6. You will now be directed to the firmware update dialog screen (be sure to carefully read the on-screen instructions before you proceed)
7. Make sure you have the tablet plugged in to a wall receptacle using the included AC adaptor (if the tablet powers off by accident during the install process, the tablet and the information can be corrupted).
8. Press "Install" to begin the firmware update.
9. You will receive a brief message that your device will reboot. At this point your tablet will go into "Recovery Mode". It is recommended that you do not move or unplug the device until the update process is completed.
10. When complete, you may be prompted to calibrate the screen. This means the update was successful and your tablet is now running the latest firmware version.
11. Your tablet is now set to factory default settings. All settings such as date and time, wifi settings, email settings, and more will have to be reset.